Things All Car Enthusiasts Hear at Holiday Dinners
As car enthusiasts, its pretty common that you spend a lot of time trying to explain to your friends and family why you spend so much money on your car. But holidays are the worst of them all. We all know that feeling when you are trying to help Grandma Jean understand why you spent the last six hours outside in the cold wrenching on the car instead of sitting inside talking about your future goals and dreams with your cousins. Here are some of the conversations we can all relate to:
1. Is something broken on your car? It’s so loud when you start it up! Why does it have to be so loud?
No grandma, my car is the quietest it’s ever been actually. I’m waiting for my new Tomei exhaust to come in, but it’s on back order until after the holidays.
2. Are these different wheels? What was wrong with the other ones? They seemed perfectly fine to me!
Those were STOCK wheels Aunt Marie. What WASN’T wrong with them?
3. Your mother said you spent HOW MUCH on your car this year? You don’t even drive it! What could it possibly need?
Uncle John, I’m trying to build a 10 second track car. Do you know how much this turbo cost me alone? You wouldn’t understand.
4. All this money you’re spending on this car, you could be saving for a house!
So I can have more family gatherings like this one where you question my financial decisions? My car doesn’t treat me like this.
5. My Prius gets such great gas mileage! Have you ever thought about getting one of those instead?
Great idea cousin Marissa! Cool Prius! Said no one ever.
6. Have you seen the new Kia Optima? I could really see you in one of those.
Yes, wanna come with my to trade in my 500whp STI? I think the Kia will be an awesome upgrade for 2017.
7. Don’t you get pulled over a lot? Doesn’t that get expensive?
I didn’t choose this life Grandma. It chose me.
8. Its so low to the ground! How do you drive it anywhere like that?! What’s the point?
Do you see my wheel gap?? It should be lower! Don’t bring it up.
9. Do you like, street race in that thing?? Is it fast?
Yes, and it’s just like how you see in the Fast and Furious movies. All 45 gears and all.
10. You’re gonna get sick of it and regret all the money you spent.
Never. And that’s all the explanation that needs!